Well, that's a different question ;-)

Another approach would be to use urls like,

http://www.test.com/do/getClipper/search/action%3dsearch/pageNumber%3d12/

where the part after the search is passed as the query string as "extra
information". I'm told this would make some proxy servers happier too
;-)

There's been talk of this before. Craig implied that it was already
supported, but I haven't tried it myself.

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg12716.html

I do think it would be useful for the action mappings to be parsed as
the HTTP servers parse them, so if /do/this/parm1 didn't match, it would
try /do/this?parm1 instead.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/