From: Alex Colic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 04 October 2001 13:17
To: Struts
Subject: REPOST: A hint how to do the following with a bean.

Hi,

Need a hint on how to do the following:

I have a bean which is a vector of items. Each item object has a name,
description price etc. When the user selects an item I create this vector
and pass it to a page which iterates through the vector and creates a table.
Something like:

name     desc     price     storeroom    buyer

The table I get has the same data for the first two rows. I want to take out
those first two rows and place them into the table caption. Without
iterating through the vector how can I get the name and desc property of the
first item. That data is going to be the same for all the other items in the
vector.

Thanks for any help.

Alex

This email message contains confidential information for the above addressee only.  If
you are not the intended addressee you must not disclose or use the information in any
manner whatsoever.

Any opinion or views contained in this email message are those of the sender, do not
represent those of the Company in any way and reliance should not be placed upon its
contents.

Unless otherwise stated this email message is not intended to be contractually
binding.  Where an Agreement exists between our respective companies and there is
conflict between the contents of this email message and the Agreement then the terms
of that Agreement shall prevail.

Abbey National Treasury Services plc. Registered in England. Registered Office:  Abbey
House, Baker Street, London NW1 6XL.  Company Registration No: 2338548.  Regulated by
the SFA