Hi,

could someone give me some architecture hints on how to do the following:

Lets say you have a business object that has a couple of mandatory and
optional fields populated by the user. The user goes from page to page, each
time inputting either a required piece of info or an optional piece of info.

I need to create a web GUI to allow an administrator to specify which
optional fields for their site are mandatory. When the user goes through
each page he must populate the mandatory and any optional fields made
mandatory.

My first idea was to create an xml document that consisted of the business
field name and then a true/false flag. The web page would allow the user to
set the optional fields as required or not. Then I thought I could feed this
document to my business object and set boolean fields to required or not.
Then the question is how do I force a user to input a piece of info when
they visit a mandatory page?

An example of my proposed code is:

private int stockNumber; //optional field
private boolean bStockNumberRequired=false; //flag to specify if this field
is now required

public void setStockNumber(int i);
public int getStockNumber();

public void isStockNumberRequired(boolean is)
public boolean getStockNumberRequired();

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Alex