Hello

I am trying to understand Struts. I have read the following part of the
documentation relating to the Struts example application that comes with the
v1.0 binary download.

************************

LogonAction.java
The initial JSP submits its form to logon.do. If you check the servlet
mappings in the example's web.xml you will see that requests for *.do files
are directed to the Struts "action" servlet (an instance of ActionServlet).
In the example, the ActionServlet refers to struts-config.xml for its own
mappings (among other things), which is where we find the reference to
logon.do:
 <!-- Process a user logon --> <action path="/logon"
type="org.apache.struts.webapp.example.LogonAction" name="logonForm"
scope="request" input="/logon.jsp" > </action>

and a form bean to go with the "logonForm" action:

<!-- Logon form bean --> <form-bean name="logonForm"
type="org.apache.struts.webapp.example.LogonForm"  />

 In the action mapping, the path property tells the ActionServlet to forward
a request for logon.do to the LogonAction object. The input property tells
the LogonAction object where it can pass control to get information from the
user.

************************

The problem is as far as I can see, the initial JSP (logon. jsp) does not
submit its form to logon.do it actually uses /logon and since /login is not
mapped in the web.xml file I can't work out how the flow control works.

Is this part of the documentation wrong, or I am I missing something?

If you think its wrong, can you tell me how it should read or more
importantly how the control flow actually works?

Thanks

Thales Defence Information Systems DISCLAIMER: The information in this
message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
for the addressee.  Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately
contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you.