John,

My apologies - I did not express myself clearly in the first email. I
would like to provide "GLOBAL FORWARD", not "ACTION NAME"
in <html:form action="..."> field.

The real reason I am bringing this question up is the "Use Global
Forwards for all entry points to applications" Struts pattern
described by Ted Husted at
http://husted.com/about/scaffolding/catalog.htm. I am trying to stick to
that pattern and use only
global forwards on my JSP pages.

Am I on the right track? Can anyone share their preferred way of using
forwards vs. actions on JSP pages and within actions
themselves?

>Maybe I misunderstood what you said...
>
>The action path specified in <html:form action=".."> is already a
logical
>path which is defined in <action path=".."> in the struts-config.xml.
>
>>According to documentation, <html:link href="..."> takes either a name

>>of a global forward, an arbitrary href, or a context-rooted page URL.
On

--
Fyodor Golos
ResGen, Invitrogen Corporation