Are you using JavaScript to go back?  If you're going
back to a page that was the result of a post, that's
probably why you're getting this.  Instead of using
JavaScript to go back, make the back link re-post the
data - emulate what got you there in the first place.

hth,
-jon

--- "Gao, Gang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem when I want to upload a file. First
> I have a page for
> Broswer to select the file. then go to a
> confirmation page to tell user if
> the file name is the one user wanted(display the
> filename), if user confirms
> it and press the next button, at that time, server
> will upload the data to
> database. My problem is when user click the next
> button, sometimes it works
> fine, sometimes it throws exception.(null pointer
> exception). when I click
> back button in Browser, it give me the messages:
> Warning: Page has Expired
> The page you requested was created using information
> you submitted in a
> form. This page is no longer available. As a
> security precaution, Internet
> Explorer does not automatically resubmit your
> information for you.
>
> To resubmit your information and view this Web page,
> click the Refresh
> button.
>
> I use the following code to forward the form to the
> next confirmation action
> class:
>  UploadForm theForm = (UploadForm) form;
>  if("request".equals(mapping.getScope())) {

request.setAttribute(mapping.getAttribute(),theForm);