I found out that the problem was getting the mapping.getInput()  The login page used
a struts form as you can see from the struts-config file.  However 5, 6, n number of
pages later when the user tried to go to login.do struts would look for the input for
that ActionMapping which most likely did not have one because only a few pages on my
site have forms hence input attributes on the struts-config.  So my solution was to
not use struts form feature on the login page and just grab the values from the form
off of the reqeust.

Kris