From: Vic Cekvenich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 10:54 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Struts 1.1 book available for order

There is a chapter each on Validator and Tiles. In addition, there is an
appendix on Validator and Tiles (the appendix is just a reprint of the
web site's by Cedric and David).

The full TOC is on baseBeans.net / book.

Nothing on Role Based Actions.

I do cover JDBC DB security realms (JAAS), XSLT, SQL/DB, etc.

I guess in a while there will be posts from readers who completed the
book. Also news.basebeans.com / mvc-programers will have student reviews
of the people who took the class and read the book as well.

I will announce Amazon. They will cary it for $89.

Vic
ps

(Long answer why $89 for Amazon: A regular publisher takes something
like 6 months to publish a book and gives you 10% and take all the
rights mostly. So I kind of chose POD publishing (print on demand) where
only 1,000 copies get printed at a time. But marketing is limited, so I
have to register the book with Amazon after they build up stock (vs the
web site that is pubishing it, that can do it today) which takes time.
My current estimate is that a week after X-mass will it be on Amazon,
and because Amazon takes %40 cut... prices is higher. They also will use
a 2nd publisher. That's right, 1 book, 2 publishers. That is even a
longer story. Once you publish a book you will find all the way's they
get you. )

Nathan Anderson wrote:

> After seeing your table of contents I wonder about what is in this book.
> Which of the extensions that are not part of the official struts
> distribution does the book cover [i.e. Validator by David Winterfeldt,
Tiles