  From: Esterkin, Alex
  Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 9:16 PM
  Subject: RE: Struts 1.1 book available for order

  The book contains just 336 pages.  This is not a lot.   On the other hand the list
of topics is long:

    <Open Standards Software / Requirements / Installation and Configuration /
Application Architecture / Support Options / Database CRUD (create, retrieve, update,
and delete) / Object Orientation / XML & XSLT from JSP / Drilling Down / Master-Detail
Processing / Security / Tiles / Menus / Content Syndication / Debugging / Performance
Assurance / Deployment>

  About 10-15 pages per topic, including examples. A very complete list of topics
indeed, but many topic are clearly introductory in nature.   On the surface, this book
seems geared towards beginner to intermediate level developers.   What is the intended
readership?

  Best regards,
     Alex Esterkin