I have asked several questions in preparation for a Struts demo this week, so
here is another two.

Question one:
Our current app uses "non visual' JSP files to act as our actions.   As with
struts actions, we only access the pages through these files.  Each page will
have a 'load' and upon submit will pass through a 'save' and then onto the
actual desired action.  This structure has proven difficult to work with and
maintain but has kept the control logic away from the HTML(thus my desire for
struts).
Most of these files do not do too much other call an EJB to load or save.    I
will be making the case that because these files are servlets and that Struts
keeps the Action Class instances  cached, the required resources be less with
struts.

Can anyone provide me with a Resource/Performance contrast between a struts
action class and a servlet (doing the same work). It seems logical that
forwarding between several servlets will be slower that chaining action classes,
but I would like something to tell the group.

Question Two:
     One of my main selling points is internationalization.  So there will be
alot of tags in the pages.  I have seen what seems to be differing opinions in
the archive regarding the tags.
I understand that the tag classes themselves may be cached (by the container) as
well to improve performance. I also understand that a page built with a bunch of
tags as opposed to a static text page will load a bit slower.  I have seen posts
of people claiming that they have taken a huge hit from alot of message tags.

So my question is......Should I be concerned about the number of tags in my I18N
app?

We are using WLS 5.1 and probably end with 6.x in the new year( if this means
anything).

Thanks everyone.