I am using Ted Husted's struts-stub example and I can't display an error
message when I cause a 'required' or 'range' error when entering properties
on the form.  I get a blank javascript dialog box.  The JavaScript is
below.  I've replaced the " return false; " with
'window.alert("error!");' but that just produces two messages.  The
original and mine.
The ApplicationResources.properties file seems to have the messages I want
     errors.required.javascript={0} is required.
     errors.invalid.javascript={0} is invalid.
but they are not being displayed and I am not sure how they would be
called.

I've extended ValidatorForm in place of ActionForm in Form.java

What am I doing wrong?

<validator:javascript formName="stubForm"/>
<script language="javascript">
function submitForm(form) {
  if (validateStubForm(form)) {
    form.submit.value=" paused...";