Hi,

I did setup two  webapps with different versions of struts.jar (
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts).
in their WEB-INF/lib directory.
(struts 1.0.1 and struts-devel)
So there is a
webapp1/WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar  (1.0.1 version)  (struts-exercise-taglib)
webapp2/WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar  ( devel version) (struts-tiles).

What happens?

When tomcat starts, it tries to start the ActionServlet of e.g  the
first webapp.
When starting webapp1 is finished tomcat tries to start webapp2. There is a
 a syntax error in struts-config.xml of webapps 2 in the logfile (read
further before answering!!)

Visible to the user is that some of  the examples of struts-1.0.1  stop
working
(e.g.  /struts-exercise-taglib/html-link.jsp) ( Exceptions !!! )

struts-tiles doesn't even start ( parse error in struts-config.xml as
described)

If I remove one webapp (doesn't matter which)  from the deployment dir,
than the remaining webapp works!!!!

Has anybody seen this problem?
How can I avoid that?
I thought tomcat 4.0.1 runs separate Instances of all classes in jars in
the webapp dir.
There seems to be an interaction?!?

Please advice...

Best Regards