From: Struts Newsgroup [mailto:@[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2002 7:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Struts Validator Load Failure

From: "Paul Heath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
The same validation.xml works in the Tomcat environment with the same
commons, struts, tiles & validator jars.

Do I need to be including jaxp or xerces in my classpath as well ?  FYI - My
app server is SilverStream 3.7.3

"Steven D. Wilkinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> I haven't used the validator, but that is a Digester error.  I would
> guess that something is wrong in the validation.xml file.
>
> "Struts Newsgroup @Basebeans.com" wrote:
> >
> > Subject: Struts Validator Load Failure
> > From: "Paul Heath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >  ===
> > The following is a partial stack trace of when the app server tries to
load
> > Struts Validator.
> >
> > I have the latest version of Digester (v1.1.1) and Struts Validator in
my
> > classpath.
> >
> > Anyone know how to fix this:
> >
> > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
> >
> >  at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.getReader(Digester.java:527)
> >  at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1206)
> >  at

com.wintecinc.struts.validation.ValidatorResourcesInitializer.initialize(Val
> > idatorResourcesInitializer.java:237)
> >  at

com.wintecinc.struts.validation.ValidatorResourcesInitializer.initialize(Val
> > idatorResourcesInitializer.java:123)
> >  at

com.wintecinc.struts.action.ValidatorServlet.initMapping(ValidatorServlet.ja
> > va:223)
> >  at

com.wintecinc.struts.action.ValidatorServlet.init(ValidatorServlet.java:123)