    antony> Hi
    antony> What is the best way to set a number of configuration variables to be used
in
    antony> Struts.  Ie , I have variables like

    antony> WORKING_DIR=/var/webapp/tmp
    antony> PIC_DIR=/var/webapp/pictures

    antony> I need to be able to set them in one of the configuration files in the
WEB-INF
    antony> dir so I can access the values from my servlets.  Should I use the
    antony> context-param tag in the web.xml file for tomcat? or is there

    antony> a better way?

Those sound like they would be best as "init parameters" for your servlet.
Look in your web.xml for where you set up the "servlet" element for the
"action" servlet.  You might notice the "init-param" elements, for things like
"config", "debug", and "detail".  You can do the same thing for your directory
variables.  Use "Servlet.getInitParameter()" to get the values in your servlet
code.  Obviously, you'll have to know WHICH servlet you intend to reference
these variables from, so you'll have to put them as "init-param"s for the
correct servlet in the "web.xml".