From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 3:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Best way to store configuration data

Hi

What is the best way to set a number of configuration variables to be
used in Struts.  Ie , I have variables like

WORKING_DIR=/var/webapp/tmp
PIC_DIR=/var/webapp/pictures

I need to be able to set them in one of the configuration files in the
WEB-INF dir so I can access the values from my servlets.  Should I use
the context-param tag in the web.xml file for tomcat? or is there
a better way?

Cheers

Antony