Question below and previous question answered in this reply.

Does Jcorporate compete against it's own Expresso mail list to increase it's
support income?

I have been active for 16 months now, and so far, completely not. Three of us are
pretty active contributors similar to Ted here, and most questions do get
answered, but it is a pretty slow list, for some reason. There are 4000 people on
the list, so there is no reason why you would not get the answer you want.

What would you lose by moving to Expresso? Theoretically nothing, but I will tell
you the more that is done for me, the lazier and more impatient I get. So even
though all the guts are the same Apache classes available here, I get lazy and
try not to learn how they work sometimes, but just do it by copying some code.
The flip side of that is I can get stuff done in an hour that would take me
months if doing from scratch, so it goes both ways.

Expresso could also use a lot more active contributors, but that is beginning to
happen. Users there tend to be more passive or quiet, though some of us are still
having a lot of fun being rowdies.

Hope this helps.

Larry Maturo wrote:

> Stephen Owens wrote about Expresso:
> The mailing list is not as
> amazingly helpful as the Struts mailing list, but it is pretty good and
> will hopefully keep getting better.
>
> My question is, is it really true that it will keep getting better, given
> that the company responsible for Expresso is trying to make money by
> supporting it?  This implies that the people most knowledgeable about
> Expresso has an incentive not to support the mailing list.  Or am I
> just being paranoid?  Note that I have not used Expresso, or seen their
> mailing list.
>
> -- Larry Maturo
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Pete Carapetyan
http://datafundamentals.com
Java Development Services

Open standards technology for commercial profitability