At the risk of being flamed......

I've been very interested in struts for quite a while now. Actually tried
using it for a project that I was recently working on. After many days of
fighting with the struts-config.xml file the team decided to implement our
own ModelII framework.

We had this implemented in about a half a day. (Keep in mind we did not do
anything with validation or internationalization.) We did not use anything
like a config file . Essentially we used reflection to create the action
class before calling into it. Making this work in this way has greatly speed
up our development. It was very clear when the submit had the wrong class
name in it.

The answers I saw to the original post were in the vane that everyone else
is using XML so why shouldn't we. I haven't seen a good technical reason for
doing this.

I would be VERY interested to understand the need for this file. In seems it
introduces unnecessary complexity into an application and the same
information can be retrieved from a more straight forward mechanism.

Jeff Canna