hi

im currently working on a website using struts, and am looking for a
platform architecture below struts to deal with the database interaction.
The current options i am looking at are

1. expresso - I like expresso because of how it handles the persistence, and
the fact it already ties in with struts. But my intention would be to use
struts independently of expresso, in the sense that i would not use the
expresso integrated struts. I feel this would allow me to keep up with the
changes to struts, while using the features i feel strongest in expresso.

Could expresso be used such that i could use my struts actions to control
the view, and have an underlying expresso controller to control the business
logic? I have not seen this implemented in any examples, also would i miss
out on the access control features in expresso if i didnt use struts
expresso

2. arsdigita - i've recently came across this framework, and it looks quite
good, plus it also has a load of good content features. It seems to
essentially use the java blueprints model, but i like the content system.
the issue here would be integration with struts to use the personalisation
features. I would be interested in feedback from anyone who has used this
product

3. JDBC - good 'ol jdbc based around pool manager.

I know the subject of architecture keeps coming up, and i have read most of
the mails on this subject. But i would be very interested in anyones
feedback on these issues in order to make a decision

Thanks in advance

Martin

** For great Emap magazine subscription & gift offers visit
http://www.emapmagazines.co.uk **

The information in this email is intended only for the addressee(s) named above.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emap plc and or its subsidiaries do not warrant that any attachments are free from
viruses or other defects and accept no liability for any losses resulting from
infected email transmissions.

Please note that any views expressed in this email may be those of the originator
and do not necessarily reflect those of this organisation.