> > Also, why would struts want to be compatible only with html
> > when we are in the
> > process of migrating to a new standard (talking abt xhtml now)???
>
> "migrating to a new standard" ?  xhtml is a "reformulation" of html, not
> a replacement... Maybe I got this whole xhtml concept wrong, but I know
> for sure that Cocoon takes xhtml, and the very last step before sending
> everything to the browser is converting it to html. This would have a
> reason, I would think.

I'll figure that out.. I believe xhtml is supported by every browser that supports
html, if you stick at those rules w3c gives

> > I think projects like struts should at least have support for xhtml.
> > It currently does only supply xml:lang in <html>.. but that
> > cant be called 'compliance' or even 'support'
> >
> > xhtml is very like html (4.0) but with compliancy towards
> > xml.. so by only adding
> > those ' />' to every opening tag and by taking a glance at
> > validator.w3.org
> > now and then, struts could support xhtml.
>
> Start sending in patches, as long as everything stays backward
> compatible (including older browsers), you shouldn't have too much
> trouble getting them in IMHO.

Have a look ;o) i tried it on netscape 3 (sillydog.org/narchive)
www.geeks.nl/~wim/netscape3.bmp
sorry for the bmp.. didnt manage to get n3 working on linux ;o)

> tomK
>
> --
grtz

Wim Fournier