Hi everyone,

I've been a Struts developer and lurker since 1.0 was first released and
have been pushing it in a big way within my company... Just wanted to throw
in my two cents about where we're using Struts for people who are wondering
whether Struts is right for their project, or if it can tackle a large scale
system.

a) We have a subcontract that's replacing a system for a division of the
U.S. Navy.  This system is replacing 1.5 million lines of COBOL code with a
J2EE solution using Struts, WebLogic and TOPLink.  After 3 months of
development is nearly 60,000 lines of code and will be around 150,000 by the
time we're done.  Most of the screens are pretty static, but this is
definitely a huge system, and Struts' design paradigm has scaled gracefully
(with a lot of help from TOPLink).

b) One of our financial clients is using a web-based inventory system for
trading whole loans & mortgages.  This will be refactored to incorporate
Struts over the next several months (currently it's a bit icky, somewhere
between JSP model 0 or 1 in terms of modularity).

c) Our new venture with Random House, http://www.codenotes.com/ was written
completely with Struts on JRun.

Struts is a great framework, the code is clean enough to eat off of, and it
really makes J2EE sing.  With a lot of the new whiz-bang ASP.NET features
coming down the pipe, I think Struts really is what's keeping JSP/Servlet
development competitive....

Cheers
Stu Charlton
Senior Architect / Trainer, Infusion Development
Disclaimer:  Everything in this message is the opinion of your humble
correspondent and is not necessarily the opinion of Infusion Development
corp.