I have a bean on a page which does not have the same structure as a form in
terms of fields and names of those fields.  However, I want to use values
from that bean to "DEFAULT" my form values to.  How can I do this without
resorting to scriplet mode?

In other words the bean looks like this:

public class SomeBean {
  public String getDeviceName() {...
}

The form looks like this:

public class SomeOtherForm extends ActionForm {
  public void setName(String name) {...
}

As you can see, the names in the form, do not match with the bean.  When I
layout the <html:text ... I would like the value to default to
someBean.getDeviceName(), but I want it to be written using
someOtherForm.setName(...).  Using <html:form property= assumes that the
property defines source and destination.

I guess, I could "combine" the functionality of SomeBean with SomeOtherForm,
and use SomeOtherForm instead of SomeBean.  But there are cases when
SomeBean is used just to get the values and display them on the page outside
of forms. In other words, SomeBean is used to get the data from the
datasource.  There could be many more members in SomeBean then in the form.

I could duplicate the partial logic in SomeOtherForm to do similar stuff
that SomeBean is doing, but that would be duplication of code.  I already
have SomeBean which retrieves data for me.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

-AP_
www: http://www.alexparansky.com

PS: If this question has been answered already, could someone please kindly
point me to where I can search the archive for older messages?