Will,
I just downloaded the .war as well and tested it on a Tomcat 4.01
installation. Everything works flawlessly. The class that it's
complaining about is included in WEB-INF/lib/velocity-tools-view-0.3.jar

What is special about WebLogic 6.1SP2 that it cannot find this class?
Would it find the class if it's not contained in a jar? Maybe try to
unwrap velocity-tools-view-0.3.jar below WEB-INF/classes/

If anything about web development is difficult then it's these deployment
issues...

Gabe

Will Spies/Towers Perrin wrote:

> I did a quick deployment of your war and got this message from WebLogic
> 6.1SP2
>
> <[WebAppServletContext(7817190,velstruts,/velstruts)] Error loading
> servlet: "velocity">
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet
>      at
> weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoader.java:179)
>      at
>
>weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader.findClass(ChangeAwareClassLoader.java:65)
>      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:297)
>      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:253)
>      at
>
>weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader.loadClass(ChangeAwareClassLoader.java:43)
>      at
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:583)
>      at
>
>weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:2221)
>      at
>
>weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebAppServletContext.java:2165)
>      at
> weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.init(WebAppServletContext.java:892)
>      at
> weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.<init>(WebAppServletContext.java:815)
>      at
> weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.loadWebApp(HttpServer.java:428)
>      at weblogic.j2ee.WebAppComponent.deploy(WebAppComponent.java:74)
>      at weblogic.j2ee.Application.addComponent(Application.java:163)
>      at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEService.addDeployment(J2EEService.java:117)
>      at
>
>weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(DeploymentTarget.java:329)
>      at
>
>weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(DeploymentTarget.java:144)
>      at
> weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.WebServer.addWebDeployment(WebServer.java:76)
>      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>      at
>
>weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:636)
>      at
> weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:621)
>      at
>
>weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(ConfigurationMBeanImpl.java:359)
>      at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1555)
>      at
> com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
>      at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:468)
>      at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:209)
> [...]

Gabriel Sidler
Software Engineer, Eivycom GmbH, Zurich, Switzerland