Hi all,

I need to integrate an external web-based service with a
Struts-based app.  The chain of events are:

1. client invokes URL on my app within their current session.

2. My action class gets hit.  Sometimes it would immediately
    forward to a JSP, but sometimes it must first bounce the user
    to the external service before doing the forwarding.

3. When I forward the user to the external service it is by
    doing a redirect, and I tell the external service where to send
    the user back to by tacking on an appropriately-formatted
    query parameter containing the return URL.  When the
    user submits whatever is required by that service, the
    service sends them to that URL (i.e. back where they
    came from).

4. When the user gets back, they need to be in the same
    http session they were in before being bounced to the
    external service.  Lots of stuff is bound to their session,
    and it would be a bad thing to have lost that context data.

How do I do this in Struts?  In particular, if I'm in an Action class
and constructing an ActionForward object to toss the user to
the external service, how do I make sure the session is preserved?
Does that happen automatically via cookie magic, or do I need
to extract a session id from somewhere and tack it on to the
URL for the return?  If the latter, how specifically do I do that?

Thanks!

          Reid