Hi

I want the users in a Struts application to be only logged in once at any one time.
What is the
best way to go about this.  I was thinking that I can have have some sort of record in
(an application
wide bean)/(a database record)/(the logon action) that keeps track of who is logged on
and when the log on process
happens this record is checked, if the user is already logged on then don't let them
log on again.  The problem
I can see with this is that this works fine if the user logs out of the application
through a logout
action - the logout action can simply clear the record of the user being logged in.
But if the users browser crashes, they reboot
the machine, they simply restart the browser then this record will not be cleared and
thus they will not be able to log in.
 I cannot think of how I can
implement a mechanism to ensure only one log in at a time.  The thought of adding some
sort of timeout value
seems a little nasty, since I hate it when I go to a site and I am told I am alread
logged in, please try back in
10 minutes.

Any ideas folks on how to handle this?

--