Hi,

  You need a jaxp1.1 parser to run the Digester, and so Tiles.
  Currently I use use xalan2.1.0 and xerces1.4.1, but any latest versions should
work.
  To test Tiles for the first time, put the parser in your classpath (or make it
accessible), and try the struts-tiles.jar application shipped with Tiles  or
Struts binaries.

    Cedric