I'm new to Struts, but have read most of the doc and examples.

One basic thing that I can't quite put a finger on: how do you pass all
these beans around that are consumed by the jsp's?

For example, say you have a bean containing user's search results.  Your
display page only shows 10 at a time, and uses "next" and "previous"
buttons.  So, you have to persist the results from page to page.

Obviously, you could explicitly add the bean to the session in the
action.perform(), then reference the bean with tags using session scope.
This is essentially the same way you'd do it even if you weren't using
Struts.

So, is there a mechanism in Struts that I should be using instead?

Either it is simpler than I thought, or I am missing something obvious.

Thanks,
Mike