From: STEVE WILKINSON [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 2:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Multiple Forms on one JSP...

I use multiple forms successfully in my sample application that I did in the

Wrox Pro JSP 2nd Edition book.  There is one per entry in the HTML table.

--- snip: from showshoppingcart.jsp ----

    value="<%= String.valueOf(titleId) %>" />
        <bean:define id="quantity" name="cartItem" property="quantity"/>
           value="<%= String.valueOf(quantity) %>"
           size="5" maxlength="5"/>
         <bean:message key="button.update"/>

--- snip: from showshoppingcart.jsp ----

I iterate over a collection of items in the shopping cart and display the
table.  NOTE, each form has it's own submit button and that I use a hidden
variable to tell which form was submitted.

Here is the struts-config.xml file entry:

--- snip: from struts-config.xml file ----
    <!-- Process checkout request -->
    <action    path="/checkout"
               type="com.wrox.pjsp2.struts.shopping.CheckoutAction"
               name="checkoutForm"
              scope="request"
           validate="false">
      <forward name="success"             path="/shoppingcart.jsp"/>
    </action>
--- snip: from struts-config.xml file ----

Hopes this helps...

Source code from my chapter example can be downloaded from:
http://www.newparticles.com/struts

There is a new version being placed on the site that is based on the CVS
snapshot from December.  It's in the read me.  I will be updating this in
the next month or so to be current with CVS.

Thanks,
Steve Wilkinson