Hi there,

I am new to Struts, I have this problem and please help:

I would like to display an error message to the user in a little more
customized way, such as, if some special characters
 are not allowed in a field, if the user entered any of this special
character set, (say @#$), I would like to display that "@#$ is not allowed
in this
 field".

I would also like to change the fields background where erroneous data exist
into red, possibly change the font of the erroneous data into a different
 font color.  When the user correct the error,  I want the background of
that field to be original color and font back to original color too.

In addition, I would like to focus my cursor in the first erroneous field,
if erroneous data exists, I would like to select that erroneous data.

It seems like that we don't want to use Javascript here at work, so I am
looking for a solution in Struts.  Hopefully there is a nice way to do this.

 Really appreciate all your time and help,
Yanhui