From: Bill Clinton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 1:43 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: How can I get rid of the port on redirects.

Thanks for your answer Robert, but perhaps I am not being descriptive
enough.

I have an action called formSubmit.  It would look to the user like:
http://www.mydomain.com/app/formSubmit.do
when they hit the submit button on the form.

If this action is successful, I would like to redirect to an action
called submitComplete.  This should look to the user like:
http://www.mydomain.com/app/submitComplete.do

but instead, it attempts to send my user to:
http://www.mydomain.com:8060/app/submitComplete.do
which is incorrect.

I assume the internals of struts are using the getServerName() and
getServerPort() methods to form this URL.  My only question is where?
I have seen other examples in the struts source where there are work
arounds for port 80 and the https port (443).  You can look at these
workarounds in the org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils class.  I am
looking for a smiliar workaround where i can avoid having struts append
the port to the URL when I redirect.

Bill