I'm not that that the answer lies in the Struts framework exactly. I was looking in
the method "processActionForward" in the ActionServlet class.

It has this line for a redirect:

response.sendRedirect(response.encodeRedirectURL(path));

I think it's the job of the servlet container to translate the relative URL to a fully
qualified URL for transmission back to the client. So it may actually depend on the
container that you're using and if it provides the hooks for doing this.

You might try playing around with the value passed to the sendRedirect method or the
response headers to see what happens.
Chuck
--
Sent via jApache.org