---------------------------------------- Message History

From:  "Michael Nash" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 05/03/2002 14:48 EST

Please respond to "Struts Users Mailing List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:
Subject:    RE: Extra Path Info Problem!!! HELP!!!

Ted:

I've been experimenting with a way of doing mappings from "normal" URL's to
Action URI's, and wonder if it's the right approach. If so, I'd be happy to
drop it in for inclusion in a release when/if appropriate, or set it up as
an optional-add on.

I took the simple approach, and added a configuration like this:

<path-mappings>
        <path-mapping>
           <url-pattern>/form/*</url-pattern>
           <path>/application/Something.do</path>
           <fixed-param>
              <param-name>someParamName</param-name>
              <param-value>someParamValue</param-value>
           </fixed-param>
           <param>
              <param-number>1</param-number>
              <param-name>firstParam</param-name>
           </param>
           <param>
              <param-number>2+</param-number> <!-- the + means take
everything from param 2 onwards -->
              <param-name>secondParam</param-name>
           </param>
       </path-mapping>
    </path-mappings>

Then I have a servlet called "PathHandler", which I map to "/do/*", and...

if you issue a URL like:

/application/do/form/message/here/is/a/path

it would then simply issue a forward to:

/application/Something.do?someParamName=someparamValue&firstParam=message&se
condParam=here/is/a/path

Comments on whether or not this is the right way to go much appreciated, as
I need this functionality myself soon :-)

Mike

--

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender