keithBacon wrote:

> likewise - great idea, not that I know what Chiki is.
> I like the idea of an updateable repository of knowledge.
> The problem with the mail archive is that a small % of it is valuable but it is
> lost amidst the clutter (ie. amongst my ramblings).
>
> Hopefully you'll have a demo availble soon?

Here's a Wiki demo: I just recently started to setup a semi-public
Wiki site to collect resources related to web application technologies.
It's a work in progress but should be enough to give you a good idea
of what this Wiki stuff is. Note the following details:

- Every page has an Edit button. Everyone can edit/contribute.
  This is a certain risk but experience shows that it works
  well in most communities. Try it, looks at the content, add
  something useful. :-)
- Every Wiki word establishes automatically a topic, i.e. a sub-page.
  Wiki words are words smashed togehter like a AnExampleWikiWord.
- A very simple markup language is used to edit the content. It takes
  you five minutes to learn it.
- There is a build-in search feature.
- You can track changes and revert to any ealier version (CVS like)

http://www.teamup.com/webdev/

I've been useing Wiki for a long time, mostly company-internal, to
maintain shared knowledge. I has been very useful. I support very
much the idea of setting up a Wiki based Struts community tool.
Note that my site uses a Perl-based Wiki. We should of course use
the Struts-based Chiki for this.

Gabe

--
Gabriel Sidler
Software Engineer, Eivycom GmbH, Zurich, Switzerland