From: John M. Corro [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 10:37 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: OT: DHTML Menus and Form Objects

This is off topic from Struts, but I was wondering if anyone else has run
into this....

If you have one of those DHTML/JS pulldown menus, it'll get hidden behind
specific types of form objects (mostly select boxes).  I've scoured google
to see how to get around this and the only posts I've seen (that don't say
"you're SOL" - which is most of them) that have any constructive input say
to surround the form object w/ a div tag and to set the z-index property to
something very low, then to set your DHTML/JS menu to something very high.
The idea being that the form objects are assigned a lower z index than the
menu so the menu should display over all the form object elements.

I've tried that w/ the following statement: <div style="z-index:1"> and
wasn't able to get it to work.  I've tried surrounding the entire form and
just the offending form element, but neither way has worked.  Has anyone
been able to effectively make this type of workaround work?

I'm using HierMenus from www.dhtml.com on a W2k box w/ IE 5.

John M. Corro
Cornerstone Consulting
414.212.3500