It's the opposite, John.  The lower the z-index, the more foreground
preference the object has.  I like the "SOL" idiom, too.  :-)

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: John M. Corro [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 10:37 AM

If you have one of those DHTML/JS pulldown menus, it'll get hidden behind
specific types of form objects (mostly select boxes).  I've scoured google
to see how to get around this and the only posts I've seen (that don't say
"you're SOL" - which is most of them) that have any constructive input say
to surround the form object w/ a div tag and to set the z-index property to
something very low, then to set your DHTML/JS menu to something very high.
The idea being that the form objects are assigned a lower z index than the
menu so the menu should display over all the form object elements.