Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I'll go for the refresh page
approach.

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, 9 March 2002 10:07 a.m.
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: live progress...

You could search the archives for dynamic web pages - several helpful
suggestions given when I posed similar question - pushlets seem pretty
funky!

Or you can just create the ouput in your action, and stream the info to the
page until it's done.

Dave

"Keith Chew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on
03/07/2002 09:01:35 PM

       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:     (bcc: David Hay/Lex/Lexmark)
Subject:    live progress...

Hi

I would like to implement a live progress on a JSP, something like:

time = 0s
*********
Synchronizing database...

time = 5s
*********
Synchronizing database... DONE!
Sending mail to keith...

time =10s
*********
Synchronizing database... DONE!
Sending mail to keith... DONE!

Essentially, I need to flush the ouput to the page correct? Can I do this
from the Action class? I doubt this can be achieved because the MVC
architecture forces you to prepare the entire data for view. So, you cannot
flush part of the view from the Action.

Anyone done this kind of thing?

Keith

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>