Apparently you will have to use the /servlet in the URI if you do not specify a
servlet mapping for your servlet in the web.xml file. I have provided an illustration
below:

<web-app>
<servlet>
        <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>com.mywebsite.package.MyServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-mapping></url-mapping>