> > I suppose the form bean is created the first time I use a jsp:useBean
tag
> > in my jsp file, isn't it ?
> >
> > (for example: <jsp:useBean id="searchbydateform" scope="session"
> > class="be.stluc.info.struts.SearchByDateForm"/>)

Actually, the creation of the ActionForm bean is handled by the Struts
framework itself (I guess by the controller servlet?).  That's how forms can
be populated "automatically" via the Struts taglibs and then passed to the
Action class associated with this particular ActionForm class.

This is just a shot in the dark...but perhaps the explicit creation you are
specifying by the <jsp:useBean> tag is screwing up Strut's management of the
ActionForm bean?  In any case, you don't need to use the <jsp:useBean> tag
at all for ActionForm beans, as Struts takes care of instantiating,
read/writes, and scope management for these beans.

--joe