From: regatta DeBlanc [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 9:03 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Struts html:link tag

How can I use the html:link tag to reference a page,
without trigerring the validation process.

e.g.

This will trigger the validate() operation in the
userAddForm and the perform() operation in
userAddAction, BEFORE displaying the page userAdd.jsp.

The problem here is that I have added a check in the
validate() operation so that it adds an ActionError if
the user did not fill in the username text box. But
this check is meant for when the user hits the submit
button, not when the page is first loaded.

When referencing the page with:
how can I differentiate, in the ActionForm and Action
operations, between the case when the page is first
loaded and the case when the user hits the submit
button??

I know I can solve the problem by referencing the page
as follows:
but I want to try to do it the "Struts" way so that I
can load the page with templates that are derived in
the Action.