Does your "value=child" carries any value?
Mine looks like this and it works:

where action is equal to some value I assigned to it.

Hope this helps. Good luck :)
--

On Sun, 07 Apr 2002 13:52:49
 Ali Manji wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am using the html:hidden tag inside my html:form tag yet upon submitting
>my form this hidden tag doesn't populate the appropriate form bean field as
>the other tags do.  That is, the appropriate setter method on my form bean
>class is not being invoked?
>
>In my jsp I have the following:

>In my form bean I have the following:
>
>       public void setDependentType(String dependentType) {
>               System.out.println("Setting dependentType to: " + dependentType);
>               this.dependentType = dependentType;
>       } // end setDependentType
>
>The other setters are being called but not this one?  Any ideas?
>
>Thanks and regards,
>Ali Manji

>Ali M. Manji
>
>http://www.geocities.com/alimanji5
>http://home.talkcity.com/CapitolDr/alimanji
>
>We increase what we have through scattering it and
>experience poverty through hoarding it.
>We are enlarged by pressure and shrunk by prosperity.

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp