Hi Max/Chuck,

The struts.jar is called struts.jar only as defined in the lib directory of our web
app. Besides, the error was not at the compile time. It was during the run time.

My colleague has found a solution to the problem. We are still validating it.
The solution goes something like this..

Our implementation of ActionForms were kept in a file called classes.jar and was
placed in the same lib directory (Web-Inf). Now this classes.jar also contained files
required by our EJBs. So, When the EJBs were deployed, this jar file had already been
loaded into the classpath (note that this file already contained our implementations
of ActionForms, so consequently these files were already in the classpath).
When the jsp page which referenced these ActionForms was requested, it seems Weblogic
tries to load the struts.jar again. But since ActionForms have already been loaded cos
of our EJBs, this load of struts.jar confuses Weblogic, as it has two ActionForms in
the classpath and hence give the NoClassDefFound Error.

The solution is to not load the same classes twice. This is done by taking out the
classes that are required by the JSPs in a separate classes-web.jar and keeping these
classes only in the Web-inf directory lib.

Comments/questions welcome..

Rgs
Vikram