Hi Steve,

We rolled our own data access layer, instead of using BC4J. We are being
successful on building a Struts-based application using JDeveloper although
we are still unable to have our project compile JSP's with the newer
versions of Struts, mainly the Beta1.1. It would be very helpful if you
could give us a JDeveloper configuration that compiles. I gave up trying to
figure out and we are sticking to the version prior to Beta1. For reasons
that I cannot understand, it (JDeveloper) throws an exception and produces a
0-length java file. I suspect that might have something to do with Oracle's
xml parser, Struts requires xerces and I don't know if there is any
incompatibility. Or I have more JDK's than I should, I need to try to
install JDeveloper on a clean machine.

Another annoyance (I mean, extremely annoying) is that JDeveloper tries to
do a syntax check on the file while editing, and most of the time it shoots
the CPU to 100% and sits there for about 10 seconds. Until it comes back you
can't do anything, such as for example coding. You type some more and again
you need to wait. If you add up the time you lose waiting for it to come
back, it will be hours wasted.

Other than that, it is a good environment for developing apps for OAS.

Regards,

Otavio