Hi,
you made a mistake in your configuration:

WRONG entry in web.xml
        <init-param>
            <param-name>application</param-name>

<param-value>WEB-INF/ApplicationResources.properties</param-value>
        </init-param>

RIGHT ENTRY
        <init-param>
            <param-name>application</param-name>
            <param-value>ApplicationResources.properties</param-value>
        </init-param>

With application you give the name of the ApplicationResource which have to
be exist in the class path
so move it under WEB-INF/classes and the entry above (the new one) will
work.

Manfred