JavaScript is a client-side technology, and Struts really isn't
involved.

What's needed is for your script to set a hidden field on the form, so
that the value ends up in the request.

To get to the Action, the form has to be submitted, and for a value to
get into the submit, it has to be in an element.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services