Well Sumita this is what you have got to do.
On click of the button
call this function this way onclick="propmbox()"
function promptBox() {
        text=prompt("USer Enter.","");

}

In the plce of text have a hidden field the way ted explained and assign the
cvalue to that hidden field

document.<form>.<hiddenfiled>.value=prompt("USer Enter","");

and submit the form. and there you are its all done.

HTH
Regards,
Taati