Well when scaling isn't RAM is cheap? and RAM is
faster that running queries right? I'd rather store
things in session then start querying more when more
users connect..."I have the need, the need for speed."

I have people writing to the database and others
reading from it.

I need to find a balance and adjust the queries to
session variables for optimum performance, static at
first, make it dynamic later.

Alot of the user session variables do not have to be
sync'ed with the database... their data is always more
correct than the database and the records and only
editable from the user and no one else.

Finally I do have some application variables that all
users will share and this data will change only once a
day.

Rich

--- Adam Hardy <adam.