Hhhmmm,

yes, in that way, we can get a value in a map which in turn is wrapped as a
bean property, but what about if "my bean is a map itself".

(NOTE: We know about the different concept among a JavaBean spec class and a
java.util.Map).

Is there any way for that situation?

I have been inspecting BeanUtils package from Jakarta Commons, and it seens
to inspect any kind of property within a bean, mapped, indexed, simple,
nested, composed, but I can not find a way to inspect a map directly.

The reason to use a map rather than a bean is that, in that way, we can have
a general value object and not a specific bean for each JSP.

AFAIK we can solve the problem by replacing the map by a dynabean as value
object, but we have some application already working in production made with
Struts 1.0, when not dynabeans were available, and we needed to work out our
own tags to patch this situation.

I have suspicions that experts rejects using maps as value objects. However
I think that more for a traditional reason that for another one. I have seen
at EJB design patterns by Floyd Marinescu, page 59, a pattern using hashmaps
as data transfer objects. Could this "transfer" by understood as transfer
"to JSP"? I would grateful any light.

Any solution to this issue? Thanks in advance.

Adolfo.