Hi All,

I run in same issue that Jay Paulsen did weeks ago. He did not get any
answer so I would like to post if back. The point is that, Action Form
reset() method does nothing which for my application is find. The problem
arises when, migrating to DynaActionForms, reset() methods actually resets
the form, previously to fill it with request parameters.

Since my form holds disabled inputs, they are not transferred in the
request. As the form is reset, I loose the previous values in the
parameters, so I get null data for the disabled HTML input fields.

This behaviour was fine in ActionForm, since values where stored (and not
reset) in the form, but is making troubles with DynaActionForms.

I would be grateful if anyone can give some pointer if this is a expected
performance, and which is a workaround or the way to proceed or is just a
design flaw in Struts 1.1.

Best regards,

Adolfo

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg30062.html

Hello,

I just started playing with DynaActionForms and have noticed that the reset
method resets all properties to their initial values.  This is different
from the ActionForm where the reset method did nothing.  In the past I've
usually redirected to an action to redisplay a form that was submitted but
was found to be in error.  Using a subclass of ActionForm without the reset
method overridden allows for the form contents to be displayed across a
sendRedirect.  When I substitute the ActionForm subclass with a
DynaActionForm, the contents are reset and there are no request parameters
to repopulate it since a sendRedirect was used.  This results in an empty
form for the user.

So I figure I have two options -
1) don't do a sendRedirect - do a forward instead
2) Subclass DynaActionForm and override reset to do nothing (hack)

My questions ...

Was I doing something bad (or ignorant) by not overriding the reset method
on my old ActionForm sub classes?

How do you handle errors - do you just forward to the page to redisplay the
form?  I was doing a sendRedirect to avoid the reload/refresh problem.
What's the best way to avoid the refresh/reload problem?

If I choose option 2 above - am I asking for trouble?

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

-Jay