I have been attempting to update a project from Struts 1.0 to 1.0.2 to
resolve some file upload problems.  Now, I've found that the ActionForm's
getServlet() method no longer exposes the ActionServlet.  This is especially
problematic to me, since a fair number of our ActionForm-derived classes use
the ActionServlet to get at the ServletContext in their validation scripts.
Is there a workaround possible?  I'm trying to retrieve initialization
parameters from the ServletContext in the validate() methods of my
ActionForm-derived classes.

Another question:  What good is the ActionServletWrapper when it *barely*
wraps the ActionServlet class?  I understand wanting to "prevent public
String properties of ActionServlet from being changed via a query string"
(quoted from release notes), but why not provide access to other, relatively
important, methods, like getServletContext()?

- G. Corb
addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential  or privileged
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. When
addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this email are
subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing Synergenic
client Agreement.