The ActionServletWrapper class was provided as a security patch. As
such, it takes the stances that we should start by shutting everything
down, and then open things up as needed.

Off-hand, wanting to access servlet initialization parameters in
validate() sounds like a reasonable use-case. If you want to post a
patch to bugzilla, I'll see if we can do something about a 1.0.3
release.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services