Yes sure but where would I do that? If I've got a complete DB access &
object-relation mapping package between my business classes and my
database, then I would have to write a whole new seperate bunch of
classes to handle COUNT(*)s queries.

I was hoping somebody who uses such a package could tell me how they do
it. Perhaps there's some way of specifying it in the mapping definitions
that I haven't found yet. I haven't chosen a mapping package yet, so I'm
not in that deep.

Adam